Visites
Compliment
Réponses

CCNA and then? CyberOps? CCNP?

LetMePass
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Cisco Community,

I've been thinking about the next step in my IT career. I really enjoyed studying for the CCNA, and now? I was able to fill in the few remaining holes, but I'd like to go further.

I have a preference in cyber security, however there are few SOC positions available in the Czech Republic, and most require extensive experience. 

Some people online recommend CCNP over other certificates.

What are you thoughts on that?

Best Regards,

Chris

2 RÉPONSES 2

@LetMePass congratulations on your certification. this is very wide question and depends on your skill set. since you have done routing and switching, you can decide to study cyber ops or CCNP enterprise or CCNP cyber ops. all depends on your desire. try to follow your passion and the area you are happy with.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Congratulations on the CCNA! That is no small thing.

If security is what interests you, absolutely pursue that. I agree that a CCNP R/S is highly marketable, it is also a good foundation on how more complex networks work which is not a bad thing to know in security. Yes, experience is needed in these jobs. Certifications can help you get your foot in the door, though.

Cisco offers a CCNP Security which is another avenue. You could also choose to pursue the CompTIA Security+ and then perhaps a CISSP.

Another suggestion would be to get a job at a company that specializes in security, but get the job as an entry-level networking person and work to get promoted within.

Good luck on your journey!

Maren